While a general practitioner is usually comfortable with basic medical liability coverage, specialty providers have specific needs and circumstances that merit special consideration. If you are a specialist, consider seeking malpractice coverage from a company that knows the specifics of your industry.
CARE Professional Liability Association, LLC offers the following types of specialty coverage:
- Pain Management
- Medical Directorship
- Bariatric Surgery
A CARE policy offers solid, affordable coverage to physicians from coast to coast. Our goals are to offer the lowest premium possible and tailored flexibility to meet a specialty practice’s needs. Some features of a CARE policy include:
- Claims-made coverage
- Limits available that meet or exceed state requirements
- Death, disability, and retirement (DD&R) available
- Coverage for multi-specialty groups
- Ancillary personnel can be covered on a shared limit basis (subject to certain restrictions)
- Special pricing for part-time, low-volume visits, low reads, deliveries, and surgery
- Multiple deductible options available
- Policy can be tailored to meet the specialty physician’s needs
- Proactive risk management program included with policy
- Installment financing available
According to a 2019 Medscape survey, approximately 59% of physicians who responded said they have been named in a malpractice suit(1). Given that statistic, providers need to carefully consider their liability coverage options. A robust policy is a substantial investment, but it can also save your practice from bankruptcy should you ever be involved in a malpractice claim. Policy costs vary greatly, depending on the type of medical professionals covered in the policy(2). This is one reason why you should partner with a risk retention group that understands the nuances of specialty practices. It’s an art and a science balancing coverage and cost, and experienced underwriters can develop a policy that provides you with the best solution.
Contact us today. Our underwriters understand the challenges of specialty practices. Put our years of experience to work for you.